Thursday, July 30, 2009


Yesterday I had the opportunity to go down to Indian Rocks Beach and participate in a sunset yoga class right on the beach. It was a beautiful evening. The weather was quite bearable considering we were on the beach and in the sun. We lay our towels down on the sand and began to face the ocean. The music started and we listened tentatively as Diana began to lead the class.

The whole experience was awesome. I attend Diana's yoga class every Monday night but tonight's class was especially superb given the beautiful surroundings. At the end of the 1 hour class we all sat down to a guided meditation. Diana read us a passage written by the Dalai Lama entitled compassion. As she read I began to notice where in my life I could start practicing more compassion. I looked at the people in my life that I could extend a helpful hand to or just a quick hello to check in with how they are doing.

As I drove home I noticed that my problems and resentments that I had accumulated for the day began to fade as I focused my attention toward compassion for others.

Thank you for the yoga class. Thank you Diana.

No comments: