Saturday, August 21, 2010

Today I had a date with myself

During the week I was asked to participate in an event today. My first reaction was to say YES but then I remembered I had set aside today for me. I already had plans to spend the day with me. For the first time choosing me instead of something or someone else felt quite liberating. I didn't feel guilty about saying no because setting aside this time for myself was very important.

So now here I am today, on my date with myself. I didn't really dress for the occasion but I am fully present!!. I knew there were some things I needed to get done around the house so I attended to those first and then I got comfortable on my favorite sofa surrounded by my purple comforter, my ipod, my journal and my dog!! My better half was stuck in his kingdom working on a project so I had all this time to myself.

I closed my eyes as I lay back into a comfortable position and I began my quiet conversation. It went something like this:

There is nothing I need to worry about. No-where I need to be, no-one I need to see and nothing I need to do. I can relax and enjoy this time with myself.

As I lay there I began to feel calm and peaceful. I sank even deeper into my into myself. I called on my guides and helpers in the universe and I asked for their help in moving forward in my life. There are so many things that I want to do with my life and I asked them for some inspiration and most of all guidance.

My mind started to drift and easily I just bought my focus back and continued with:

There is nothing I need to worry about. No-where I need to be, no-one I need to see and nothing I need to do. I can relax and enjoy this time with myself.

This time I felt the cool breeze from the fan blow over me and it felt good. I started to listen for the sounds around me in a way of just letting them be. Just then I heard and plane fly overhead. Probably a small twin engine. I imagined that the plane now directly above me opened up a side door and began dropping all the things I would need to help me along in my journey of life. All the people I would meet, all the tools I would need. Everything was dropping down to me and I imagined myself picking them up, putting them in bag and placing the bag on my back. I had a sense that I now had everything I needed to get on with my life. Everything is ready and waiting.

This meditation was short and sweet. It was unplanned and without thought. I just let the thoughts unfold. I was not trying to control the direction or the content. Tomorrow I will do it again and if nothing else I will remember:

There is nothing I need to worry about. No-where I need to be, no-one I need to see and nothing I need to do. I can relax and enjoy this time with myself.

No comments: